The Nature Center is open! We require all visitors to continue to wear masks within the building.
Full mask policy:
We are asking everyone to still be masked in the building and remain 6 feet away from people not in your group. There are often children in our building who are here as visitors with their families, or for our in-house programming and summer camps.
We are requiring this for the safety of the children who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated. Thank you for understanding!
Tanglewood's trails and outdoor exhibits have remained open throughout the COVID19 pandemic and the closure/phased re-opening of New York state.
The Nature Center reopened as part of Phase 4, as a low-risk arts & culture facility.
Here are some of the changes that visitors should expect when they enter the Nature Center:
- visitors, staff, and volunteers will practice physical distancing. We have placed yellow tape down on the floor of the exhibit hall to indicate the minimum distance between household units of visitors, and between any household unit and a staff member or volunteer.
- one- way traffic in the nature center: visitors will enter via the front door, proceed through the exhibit hall, and may exit via the deck or the back deck (by the library and grizzly bear) to proceed down the stairs to the raptors outside. Guests who are not able to use the stairs may of course exit through the front door for accessibility.
- mask wearing is mandatory at all times inside the Nature Center. Please bring a mask or facial covering with you and have it on when you enter the front doors.
- limitations on capacity for different spaces: one person at a time in each bathroom (or up to 3 from within a household, you may of course go in with your kids!); one household group at a time in the library/arthropod room; one person at a time in the gift shop.
- 33% capacity within the Nature Center.
- hands-on materials (children's toys, tactile learning objects, etc) have been removed.
- frequent sanitizing and environmental cleaning by staff.
- hand sanitizer will be provided within the exhibit hall.
The full re-opening plan is linked here for your reference, and it will be posted within the Nature Center as well.